Friday, May 1, 2009

Wow...What A Week!
















Hello everyone, it's Katie. I've had a crazy first week here. First, I had to go to the Newborn Intensive Care Unit for a night because a nurse thought I was moving kinda funny...Oh, and cuz I couldn't seem to get warm no matter how much I bundled up. But all the people there were really nice and took great care of me.

But pretty soon they said everything was OK and I got to go HOME! YAY! Time for my first car ride.
















So this is where we live, huh? Much better than that hospital.

















Here I am in my car seat right after we got home.




















We were all exhausted and had a great night at home...except I still couldn't keep warm. In the morning when my dad took my temperature we had to go see my doctor again. She was little worried so she said I had to go to another hospital.

We went to the emergency room at Primary Children's Medical Center and they covered me in all kinds of tubes and sensors.































































I had jaundice so I had to lay under tanning lights and wear some goggles.
















One silly nurse drew eyes on my goggles and we all laughed.





















All this time I've been waiting to meet my big brother Sammy but he's been at the kennel. My dad had to go take him to the vet so he took a picture of Sammy saying Hi and brought it to me. Hi Sammy!
















Either I'm very, very little or my dad has freakin' ginormous hands!




















The doctors wanted to make sure that my brain is put together right so I had to have a E-E-G and an M-R-I and neither one was F-U-N. During the EEG my dad and I got to cuddle in a dark room for an hour though so that was OK. For the MRI I had to hold really still so they gave me some drugs to make me sleepy...just when I was starting to wake up! Sheesh, can we go home yet?

Here's a picture of me with all the probes on my head for the EEG.















A really nice guy named Dennis put them on my head and gave me a stuffed bear when I left. Everyone at Primary Children's is great and they've been taking good care of me. I'm getting pretty sick of rectal thermometers though. I've gotten revenge a couple of times when my diaper was off. Mwahaha...I even pooped on my dad!!! Ha ha ha. Take that daddy!

Now that all my tests are done, I spend most of my time relaxing in front of a heater trying to get warm. I've been slowly getting better. I don't need my oxygen or an IV anymore. I'm eating pretty good too. Now if I could just stay warm!















Here I am thinking about playing on the beach in Cabo with my cousin Jake.
















...And here I am thinking about pooping on my dad again!

















I was getting warm...but then I got cold again. Now I'm an eskimo burrito again. Sheesh, I should've gone to Cabo with Jakee...It's warm there! I'll keep trying though and we'll go home soon!


























Bye for now everyone. I can't wait to meet you in person sometime.
xoxoxo,
Katie Bug

5 comments:

calillie said...

Katie, we are so excited you are doing better. We are definitely thinking about you here in Cabo. Jacob loves it and can't wait to show you everything he has learned so far. We hope you are home soon with Mommy and Daddy and big bro Sammy so you can develop your home routine. Love you guys!!!! Grandpa says "hi" too, and he loves you so much.
Love ya all!!!
Aunt Camille, Uncle Nick, Jakeroo, Grandma Kathy, and Grandpa Lee

GrandmaSmile said...

Katie, we are so happy you are here and HOME!!! I know the scare you gave your parents!! Our prayers are with you. We want to visit but we will wait until you are stronger! Love to Mom Angie, Dad Jason and bro. Sammy! Love the pictures, esp. the smiles!!!
Love ya!
GrandmaSmile Jacobson

Anonymous said...

Yeah Katie bug, you got to come home! We're so glad you're doing better. Can't wait to see you.

love ya

Jen and Aves

Ashlie said...

Hi Jason, Angie and Katie ~ This is Ashlie Jenkins, I work with Jason. He sent me the link to your blog. I am so, so, so happy for your darling little family and Katie is so beautiful. Congratulations and I am not far behind you. We are expecting our little girl on May 28. We can't wait! Keep us updated on how things are going. ~ Ash

Jacey and Nick said...

She is adorable! She looks just like you both. I love the one where she's smiling in her sleep! She is so cute and little! Congrats!